Twitter announced a new algorithmic timeline last month which users can choose to opt in to. This algorithmic timeline shows users the content at the top that Twitter thinks they would like the most and the rest of the content then appears underneath as it normally would.
From Twitter to your business:
1. Define the voice of your business.
2. Know your audience.
3. Tap into important events.
4. Draw in your audience with rich media.
5. Use hashtags to help people discover your business.
6. Respond to tweets.
7. Celebrate your advocates.
They found that people who had access to this feature first retweeted and tweeted more as they were now seeing content they were interested in at the top and called the timeline an “improvement for consumers as well as for businesses and brands.”